The following contains important information and rules for the frequent buyer programs offered by DGH.
Many of the manufacturers of products we carry in the store have frequent buyer programs (e.g. buy 12 get one free). At our discretion, we extend and offer these programs to our customers. As a service to our customers, we also offer to record and track the frequent buyer envelopes/cards at the store. This means you do not have to track your receipts and UPC's in order to get your free item. DGH does it for you!
DGH has has transitioned to an online frequent buyer tracking system called "Astro Loyalty". Most of our products are now tracked in this system. When we enroll you in your first frequent buyer program in Astro, you will receive and email containing links where you can set up a password on your account and download the Astro mobile app. This allows you to see your punch cards on your mobile device, if you so desire. You do not need to set up a password or download the app if you do not want too.
The rules for these programs are set by the manufacturers and DGH has no control or leeway to bend the rules. And, rules do change from time-to-time and these rule changes do impact cards that have already been started.
In order for you to receive your free item(s) under the programs, you must provide your contact information. This includes name, mailing address, phone number and email address. If you do not want to provide this information, per the manufacturer's rules, we cannot offer you a free item under the program.
Here are the rules from the manufacturers that are most common:
- All items must be purchased at Dog Gone Holistic. We are not allowed to accept purchases (UPC's and/or receipts) from other stores. For programs where you are allowed to track your own purchases, we are required to validate that each purchase was made at Dog Gone Holistic.
- All items required to be purchased must be purchased within 12 months of the first purchase on the card. (The timeframe varies by manufacturer.)
- For most programs, different sized products will be tracked on separate cards and cannot be combined to get a free item.
- Some dry food manufacturers exclude their smaller bags (e.g. 5lb. bags) from their programs.
- You can usually mix the varieties and flavors purchased within the brand.
- Food for dogs and cats are tracked separate. If you buy both, we must keep separate cards.
- You are required to provide your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We are required to provide this information to the manufacturers. If you do not want to provide this information, you will not receive any free product under the program.
- Your free item does not count as an item towards your next purchase requirement.
- If you switch brands, you may be able carry over your past purchases on the prior brand to the new brand's program. This process is at the discretion of DGH and the manufacturer's sales representatives and is not always available.
- Cards have no cash value. You cannot use the value of the free bag to purchase any another item.
- You cannot pay the difference to upgrade your free bag to a larger size (e.g. your free bag is a 5lb bag and you want to pay the difference to get a 15lb bag).
Tracking Your Own Purchases
The following brands require the UPC and receipt for each purchase be provided in exchange for a free item: Nature's Logic, Natural Balance and Canidae. The UPC's must be cut out by DGH at time of purchase or you must cut out and return the UPC's to DGH for redemption. Note, we no longer accept Fromm UPC's for redemption.
For customers that collect their own UPC's for the three brands listed above, we have the following requirements:
- You must have an established account in our system.
- In order to get your free item, you must bring the receipts and/or UPC's (as required by the manufacturer) back to the store for redemption.
- You must have the exact number of receipts and UPC's required by the manufacturer.
- You must fill out the manufacturers frequent buyer envelope/card (provided by DGH) and provide your name, address, telephone number and email address. If you are not willing to provide your contact information, we cannot provide you with a free item.
- All purchases must be made at Dog Gone Holistic. We are not allowed to accept UPC's and/or receipts from other stores. We are required to validate that each purchase was made at Dog Gone Holistic.
- The purchases must be made within a 12 month window - e.g. if the first purchase was on 2/1/2015, the last eligible purchase to include on the card would be on 1/31/2016.
Please see our Brands We Carry pages for a list of brands with frequent buyer programs.